The Senior Executive Team has reviewed the University’s travel policy and recommends the following procedures for academics.
Business Class or Premium Economy Class travel is permitted for:
- Staff making use of donor or external funds where the contract with the sponsoring entity allows such travel. The relevant Senior Executive member needs to confirm that the sponsoring entity does indeed allow such travel and must sign-off all such requests.
- Cases where extenuating circumstances, such as a medical condition, may justify Business Class travel. The approval of the relevant Senior Executive member is required.
- Staff who use their frequent flyer miles to upgrade. No approval is required in this regard.
Please contact Hendrik van der Westhuizen, the University’s Chief Financial Officer on 011 717 1137 or email Hendrik.VanDerWesthuizen@wits.ac.za if you require any further clarification on this policy.
Professor Adam Habib
Vice-Chancellor and Principal
- Wits produces most millionaires
- South Africa’s Suspended Revolution – November Media Coverage